Tuesday, July 9, 2013

GSP Rushfit: How It Keeps Me Fit With Less Joint Pain


Like some people over 40, I am developing joint pain. I am also a fitness fanatic. These two characteristics can work well together or be disastrous. After going through other, similar workout regimens, I had huge health gains but pretty severe joint pain. It was beyond "no pain, no gain" stuff -- this was full-on pain in the bone. So, when I discovered Georges St. Pierre (GSP), one of the best MMA (mixed-martial arts) fighters in the world, had just released a home workout regimen on DVD, I had to check it out. I was, of course, a bit skeptical and concerned, as GSP is not a very talkative guy and I was still a bit sore from my last cycle of another regimen. I was not disappointed, though, as GSP Rushfit is not as hard on the joints as my previous workout cycle. GSP is also a fairly colorful guy, as well, which made the DVDs much more watchable than I thought they would be.

The GSP Rushfit package itself is a fairly comprehensive kit. It includes the main course on several DVDs, along with bonus DVDs with extra workouts for full-body conditioning and one for balance and agility. Also included are three training calendars -- one for the beginner, medium and expert, and extra guides with workout tips and nutritional information. Seven workouts are included in total, each lasting around 50 minutes (including warm-up and cool-down). The package is obviously professionally done, so there are no complaints about book or video quality.

One may be surprised that GSP does not actually lead the exercises. His trainer, Erik Owings, conducts the actual workouts while Georges participates alongside. Erik is the more vocal of the two, with GSP contributing color commentary when appropriate. Erik Owings is an accomplished MMA fighter himself, so the workouts are certainly MMA-themed. You certainly get a "fighting focus" with these routines, and Erik does an adequate job of transforming mundane exercises into fighting techniques. This is not, of course, a self-defense course, but it's certainly MMA-themed. Most men, and plenty of ladies, will still enjoy this thoroughly, as it breaks the monotony of other workout routines.

GSP Rushfit's main advantage in this genre is that it's a bit less harsh on the joints. I found that after my cycle of GSP Rushfit I was not in as much pain as I would be after a run-through of other multi-week fitness plans. My knees and elbows were not banged up, and I felt that GSP Rushfit's focus on stretching and joint warm-ups eased the pressure on my joints. This was a huge benefit for me and it's the reason why I will be putting the other DVD series on the shelf for a long time.

GSP Rushfit has been a very entertaining and effective method for my home-based workout regimen. It's easy on my joints but keeps intensity high, and for that reason, I'm sticking with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment